Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dickens Downtown 2010

Here we are in our multilayered clothes. See more pictures here.
It was that time of the year again with bells, carols, Christmas lights, and hot chocolate. The West Alabama Fiber Guild once again took part in the festive celebrations at Dickens Downtown in historic downtown Northport, December 7th, from 5 to 8 pm. We demonstrated fiber arts in the Kentuck Courtyard.



It was exciting for me, since this time I took part in the celebrations not as a visitor, but as a participant. 

It was quite cold, but not as bad as I feared. I managed to spin wool on my drop spindle with my bare hands almost the whole time, from 5 to 8pm. During the last hour however, the cold crept closer and eventually succeeded in getting to my hands and feet.

We had a lovely busy spot, under a lighted tree in the Kentuck courtyard. Right in the center of the courtyard, there was a blazing fire with pots firing underneath. People were gathering around it to get warm. Bagpipes were playing. Christmas lights were glittering. Artists were demonstrating. Our guild members were spinning, weaving, and braiding. Sasha, my son, was also there, running back and forth between the fire and our fiber group.


No comments:

Post a Comment